“Glee” star Cory Monteith’s death ruled accidental

News
Cory Monteith

Cory Monteith

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

VICTORIA, British Columbia – The investigation into actor Cory Monteith’s death was finalized on Wednesday. According to a release from the British Columbia Coroners Service, Monteith died due to mix of drug toxicity and ingested alcohol and his death has been ruled accidental.

Investigators found drug paraphernalia in his hotel room including: a spoon with drug residue and a used hypodermic needle. They also found two empty champagne bottles. Monteith had checked into the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel in downtown Vancouver on July 6. When he failed to check out on July 13, hotel staff checked his room and discovered his body.

The coroner also confirmed that Monteith had a history of illicit drug use, marked with intermittent periods of rehab and abstinence. A period of abstinence from opioids, including heroin, can diminish a person’s tolerance.

Popular

Latest

More News