JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. — Missouri Governor Mike Parson is sending the Missouri National Guard to assist the D.C. National Guard through the presidential inauguration, according to Jonathan Klusmeyer, the Interim Director of Public Affairs for the Missouri National Guard.
The Missouri National Guard will help with security, communications, medical evacuation, logistics and safety to district and federal agencies while in Washington D.C.
Due to operational concerns, the statement didn’t release the specific number of troops being sent to Washington D.C. or the location of troops involved in the ongoing efforts.
- WHO team leaves quarantine to start COVID origins study in China
- Joe’s Weather Blog: Very active pattern…brings rain and maybe more (THU-1/28)
- President of Boulevard Brewing Co. resigns amid company harassment allegations
- Raytown police still seeking information from 2017 homicide
- A deer friend: 4-year-old boy brings home an unlikely companion