This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

GREENWOOD, Mo. — The baby boy bitten by a dog over the weekend in a Greenwood, Mo., home has had two traumatic events in his short life of 17-months.

FOX 4’s Robert Townsend learned that when Isaiah Francis was seven-months old, his mom took him to the hospital because his head started swelling. According to court documents, he was suffering from two skull fractures with bleeding on the brain.  Grandview Police arrested his babysitter, Angela Waln, 28, shortly thereafter in September 2014 and prosecutors charged her with child abuse. She was due to be in court on those charges this week, but the prosecution requested a delay in that proceeding.

Isaiah Francis was attacked by a rescue dog in Greenwood, Mo on Friday. Courtesy: GoFundMe
Isaiah Francis was attacked by a rescue dog in Greenwood, Mo on Friday. Courtesy: GoFundMe

Now, ten months later, Isaiah is back in the hospital with a crushed jaw and numerous punctures and wounds from a dog attack. Charges could still be filed against the owner of the dog that attacked Isaiah in Greenwood early Saturday evening.  Police believe the owner hid the dog, described by neighbors as a “pit bull mix”  after it bit the 17-month-old boy.  Mike Mansur, spokesperson for the Jackson County Prosecutor’s office says they are reviewing the case.

The dog’s owner was previously charged with animal nuisance in Lee’s Summit, according to Lee’s Summit Police.

“It was the same dog that attacked the baby,” said Chris Depue with Lee’s Summit Police. Click here for additional information on the dog’s history in Lee’s Summit.

According to a Greenwood Police Department, police were called to the home to help get the child to the hospital as quickly as possible; they did not wait for paramedics.

The GoFundMe page set up to help the child’s family pay his medical expenses, says the child underwent surgery over the weekend after his jaw was crushed and he suffered more than 60 puncture wounds from the attack.

The dog was a rescue dog  with a rough past and did not handle stressful situations well, which is what led to the attack on Isaiah Francis, who was apparently visiting the home where the dog lived.

“She was literally screaming, ‘My baby, my baby is bleeding. Help, my baby, my baby,’…It was horrible,” neighbor Michna Livingston said. The GoFundMe page says the child’s scalp was ripped from his head and that the mother was covered in his blood.

On Tuesday, the child was listed in good condition.

Below is an excerpt from the GoFundMe page, which has received more than $1,000 of the $5,000 goal:

Angel Raya stopped to check on an acquaintance that had recently had surgery. She entered the home carrying her beautiful one-year old son, Isaiah.

He is an active little guy and wanted to be put down to explore so his mother placed him on the floor. It is important to note that there were NO dogs in the house when the mother set her child down.

A minutes later, an older child that lives in the home opened a door and let a dog inside.

The dog attacked her child before Angel could do anything. She fought the dog off of her child screaming to call the police. The mother then ran outside where neighbors heard her screaming, “please help me, please help my baby.” She was covered in blood and literally holding his scalp to his head.

Lt. Fordham of the Greenwood Police Department says police originally thought the dog was a pit bull. It was also described as a white dog of medium build. The dog was euthanized on Sunday.

The investigation is ongoing and criminal charges may be pending. Police said they were led to believe someone in the home removed the dog from the home after the attack, taking it to an unknown location, and then returning without the dog. The location of the dog was withheld from police. The possible charges could be for concealing evidence and assault.