This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

PORTER RANCH, Calif. — A 14-year-old honor student is dead after inhaling computer keyboard cleaner, KTLA-TV reported on Thursday.

Aria Doherty died at her California home on Monday from an apparent cardiac arrest, authorities said.

Her older sister found her in her bed with a can of compressed air still attached to her mouth and her nostrils were taped shut.

Her death comes one week after that of a 12-year-old girl, also in California, who died after inhaling Freon from the air conditioning units in her backyard.


Do you know the warning signs of “huffing?” Watch the video below: