Infant suffers burn injuries after caretaker places car seat on stove

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

DENVER, Colo. – An infant who was strapped into a car seat suffered burn injuries after the caretaker placed the car seat on top of a stove. According to affiliate KDVR, police are now investigating the incident after they were called in by firefighters who responded to call on Thursday afternoon.

The Denver Police Department stated in a Facebook post that their investigators learned that the caretaker was tending to another child after placing the car seat on the stove. The chair ignited and the infant suffered burns to its backside. The infant was taken to Children’s Hospital Colorado.

People inside the home were ordered to speak with detectives after the child was taken by an emergency crew. No formal charges have been announced yet but the investigation is ongoing.

Tracking Coronavirus

More Tracking Coronavirus

Popular

Latest

More News