This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Jasper’s Crazy Red Gold Tomato Lasagna Casserole
- 1 lb Lasagna
- 2 14.5 oz Red Gold Tomatoes
- Petite Diced Tomatoes with Garlic & Olive Oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 Tbs Fennel Seed
- 1 lb Italian Sausage
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs Fresh Chopped Basil
- 1 lb Ricotta Cheese 8 oz Romano Cheese (grated)
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Strain and set aside. Preheat oven to 375º.
- Place olive oil in a sauté pan and add sausage. Add fennel seed and brown the sausage.
- Drain excess oil and add both cans of Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Garlic & Olive Oil.
- Let sauce simmer 10-15 minutes. Add basil, salt and red pepper to taste.
- Chop fresh Mozzarella into cubes. Cut cooked lasagna into small squares.
- Place lasagna in a mixing bowl, add half of the sauce & sausage mix and all cheese.
- Mix until all is evenly distributed.
- Spray a casserole with food release. Add pasta to casserole and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving. Serve with remaining sauce if desired. Jasper’s Notes: So easy, you can do this with your eyes closed. Add mushrooms & peas for
- added flavor and more red pepper flakes to spice it up. More cheese on top of the casserole is a welcome addition!