OLATHE, Kan. — An inmate has been recaptured after law enforcement officers said he escaped while receiving treatment at a hospital.
Elijah N. Naves, 27, was receiving care at Olathe Medical Center when he managed to evade security at around 4:30 a.m. He was last seen traveling south of the hospital in a green hospital gown and blue and white striped jail pants.
The Johnson County Sheriff’s Office said that he was recaptured around 11 a.m.
There was a large law enforcement presence at the hospital. However, traffic was not been affected.
The inmate is in custody on aggravated robbery charges.
Anyone who has information on his location should not try to contact him. Instead, the sheriff’s office asks that they call the office at (913) 782-0720 or 911.
- Black Friday offers beacon of hope to struggling stores
- Pro-Trump donor suing Houston group over failure to prove voter fraud in 2020 election
- KCPD investigating deadly shooting in area of 79th and Troost
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison
- FOX4 Forecast: Tracking our next big plunge!