OLATHE, Kan. — An inmate has been recaptured after law enforcement officers said he escaped while receiving treatment at a hospital.
Elijah N. Naves, 27, was receiving care at Olathe Medical Center when he managed to evade security at around 4:30 a.m. He was last seen traveling south of the hospital in a green hospital gown and blue and white striped jail pants.
The Johnson County Sheriff’s Office said that he was recaptured around 11 a.m.
There was a large law enforcement presence at the hospital. However, traffic was not been affected.
The inmate is in custody on aggravated robbery charges.
Anyone who has information on his location should not try to contact him. Instead, the sheriff’s office asks that they call the office at (913) 782-0720 or 911.
- Kansas Senate passes emergency response act, limiting Gov. Kelly’s powers
- ‘I’ve never seen anything like it’: Kansas City in middle of housing boom as homes sell fast
- New movie with Oscar buzz puts spotlight on modern day nomads
- Kansas lawmakers push for more oversight for vision screening in K-12 schools
- Missouri anglers flood Roaring River for trout season kickoff