KANSAS CITY, Mo. — A man has been charged after a shooting near 60th and Agnes just yesterday, September 24, according to a statement from Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker.
Kelshaun D. Moseley, 28, of Kansas City, is charged with second-degree murder and armed criminal action.
Shortly after the shooting, Moseley told an off-duty police officer working at Research Medical Center that he was turning himself in and that “something happened.” He didn’t describe what happened, but he did say someone was dead. He also said someone was after him.
Around the same time, police were called to a residence on Agnes Avenue. In a bedroom, they found the body of Keva Hill, 34. She had been shot twice in the head, apparently from close range.
Family members told police Hill had been in a relationship with Moseley for about a month.
Prosecutors requested a bond of $250,000 cash.
The killing was the 145th homicide reported in the city in 2020.
- Here’s what 2020 did to the list of most popular baby names
- Everyone in US gets a free taco after stolen base in Game 1 of World Series
- Whataburger announces Blue Springs, Overland Park locations via GM applications
- FOX4 Forecast: Foggy start for some
- ‘It turned 2020 around for me’: Metro high school senior offered more than $1 million in scholarships