This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Thrown from a car, run over and left to die on the side of the road – a metro woman survived a crash thanks to good Samaritans who stopped to help her.

Taylor Jett, 21, was a passenger in a Ford Explorer that crashed around 1 a.m. Saturday on Northbound I-435 near the Truman Road exit in Kansas City, Mo.

Police said for “unknown reasons” the Ford that Jett was riding in ran off the road, struck a guard rail and then hit a barrier cable. She was ejected from the car and landed in a lane of traffic.

Witnesses told police they saw the driver of Jett’s vehicle leave her in the road and run from the scene.

“I couldn’t believe what I had just saw,” said Kelvin Jarmon, who was also driving Northbound on I-435 to work an overnight shift at his job when he neared the Ford stopped in the median.

But Jarmon’s eyes weren’t playing tricks on him when he saw Jett’s body lying in the street.

“I said, ‘Oh my God!’” Jarmon recalled, “and I turned the car, I swerved and I tried to go around her.”

But it all happened so fast and Jarmon couldn’t avoid accidentally running over Jett’s legs.

“I was just broke up,” he said, “and I couldn’t say anything. I was crying.”

Panicking, Jarmon pulled over and got out of his car, dodging other speeding cars to search for Jett’s body along the dark interstate.

“I wasn’t going to leave her out there by herself,” he said. “Whether the other witnesses were going to show up or not, I was going to go back and I was going to find her.”

Jarmon said he couldn’t fathom later finding out that Jett’s driver just took off after the crash without trying to help her get to safety.

“When you leave someone on the side of the road, just leave them like that, that`s messed up,” he said.

Jarmon and other witnesses eventually found Jett bleeding in the grass median and called 911.

Family members told FOX 4 that Jett is a mother of four young children who remains in intensive care after undergoing multiple surgeries for injuries to her head and legs.

But above all, she’s alive –something Jarmon calls a miracle and a blessing.

“I would’ve risked my life to save her life,” he said without hesitation.

Jett’s family said the driver who ran from the scene knows their daughter. They heard he was arrested Tuesday, however, his name did not show up in jail bookings and so far, no charges have been filed against him.