Man hurt after shaving cream explodes

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LARGO, Fla. — A man in Florida called 911 on Wednesday to report an explosion. Little did paramedics and firefighters know it was because of a common item for men.

Did we mention this story is from Florida?

When emergency crews arrived they found a man waiting outside his Tampa Bay area home with a red gash on his face and white liquid covering his shirt, the Tampa Bay Times reported.

That white liquid turned out to be shaving cream. That shaving cream got on his shirt because the man, who was in his 50s, told paramedics he wanted a warm shave.

To get that “warm shave,” the man decided to heat the shaving cream — on his stove. Well, the can exploded.

The good news: his injuries were “minor,” the paper reported. His home was not damaged in the incident.

And, of course, paramedics recommend not trying this at home.

Tracking Coronavirus

More Tracking Coronavirus

Popular

Latest

More News