PLATTE COUNTY, Mo. — The Missouri Highway Patrol released more details about a deadly four-vehicle crash that closed the southbound lanes of Interstate 29 for hours on Friday, and identified the woman killed in the crash.
The highway patrol says 27-year-old Shelby L. Peterman of St. Joseph died from her injuries. She was taken to North Kansas City Hospital where she was pronounced deceased. A 72-year-old woman involved in the crash was also hurt, as well as a 1-year-old boy who was in Peterman’s car, and a 2-year-old girl in the 72-year-old woman’s car.
The children suffered minor injuries according to the crash report and were hospitalized, the 72-year-old woman was hospitalized with moderate injuries.
The crash report says the driver of a Ford F-150 hit a Ford Fusion in front of him, then Peterman’s Chevrolet Impala and then a Lincoln MKZ.
FOX4 has contacted the highway patrol to see where the investigation currently stands, and if any criminal negligence or impairment is suspected.
- Missouri cake business told they must return $50K in CARES Act relief money
- Here’s what 2020 did to the list of most popular baby names
- Everyone in US gets a free taco after stolen base in Game 1 of World Series
- Whataburger announces Blue Springs, Overland Park locations via GM applications
- FOX4 Forecast: Foggy start for some