Mother puts out house fire, firefighters rescue puppies

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KANSAS CITY, Kan. — A mother put out a small house fire Tuesday morning at her home in Kansas City, Kan.

Firefighters said clothes piled beside a water heater caught fire at the home, located at 3600 Shawnee Drive. The woman was able to extinguish the fire and call firefighters. She was treated for smoke inhalation at the scene.

Firefighters also retrieved a dog and three puppies from the home.

The Red Cross is assisting the family.



More News