PLATTE COUNTY, Mo. — The Platte County Sheriff’s Office says they are continuing to monitor the Missouri and Platte Rivers and the impacts to flooding in the county.
The following roads and highways have been closed due to flooding:
- 92 highway south of Tracy
- 92 highway west of Tracy
- Z highway at the Platte River Bridge
- B highway at KK hwy
- HH highway at Bethel rd
- Interurban at Stubbs Station
- Interurban at Platte River bridge
- Interurban at Rattlesnake Cut
- Sharp’s Station road west of Interurban
- 45 highway at Nower’s road north to county line
- Humphreys Access road at Platte River
- All roads in Bean Lake are flooded and impassable.
Officials say as little as six inches of water can cause you to lose control of your vehicle. Water can rise quickly and from unexpected directions.
Floodwater can contain dangerous debris and be contaminated. Underground or downed power lines can also electrically charge the water, according to Platte County Emergency Management.
This is a developing story, FOX4 will continue to keep you updated as new information becomes available.