VIDEO: Gym Light Falls on HS Wrestler’s Head

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

MADISON, S.D. — A South Dakota high school wrestler was lucky to escape with only a few cuts after he got pinned to the mat by a massive light fixture during a wrestling meet last week.

In an shocking event captured on video, Madison High School senior wrestler Michael McComish was competing at home against rival Chamberlain High School at the school’s annual “Madison Square Garden” night wrestling meet when a large light fell from the gym rafters and directly onto his head.

(Note: Fast-forward to the 0:55 mark for the incident)

McComish suffered only a cut to the forehead, and later Tweeted that was treated with stitches.




More News