EUDORA, Kan. — A head-on crash east of Lawrence early Thursday morning involving a semi has left one person dead.
The Kansas Highway Patrol reports the crash happened just before 3:30 a.m. on Westbound Kansas Highway 10, near East 1900 Road, west of Eudora.
The driver of a semi was traveling eastbound on K-10 and for unknown reasons crossed the center median and went into the westbound lanes and struck a vehicle head on.
The driver of the other vehicle was pronounced dead at the scene. He has been identified as 23-year-old Robert Stanley Walston Jr., of Olathe.
The driver of the semi, a 54-year-old from Kansas City, Mo., was taken to the hospital with suspected minor injuries.
Neither driver was wearing a seat belt, according to the highway patrol.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Missouri’s COVID-19 count doesn’t include antigen tests, skewing cases reported
- Biden signs executive order to temporarily boost food assistance benefits
- Chiefs fan from Overland Park shows off 17 seasons’ worth of game tickets
- Winning numbers announced for $1 billion Mega Millions lottery jackpot
- FOX4 Forecast: Quiet start to the weekend