KANSAS CITY, Kan. — An Overland Park woman who owned massage parlors in Olathe and Leawood pleaded guilty Monday to a federal interstate prostitution charge.
Chunqiu Wu, 62, pleaded guilty to one count of transportation with intent to engage in illicit sexual conduct. An indictment alleges Wu operated three massage parlors: Alpha Massage at 116 S. Clairborne, #A, in Olathe; A Plus Massage at 527 N. Mur-Len Road, in Olathe.; and King Spa at 3104 State Line Road in Leawood.
Wu’s plea agreement says investigators worked with an undercover confidential source who contacted Wu and asked for a job working in Wu’s massage parlors. Wu made statements indicating she allowed her employees to perform sexual services for tips.
Other investigators working undercover confirmed that employees in Wu’s massage parlors were offering sexual services to customers.
Wu was arrested when she went to the Kansas City International airport in Kansas City, Mo., to meet the undercover confidential source and transport her back to Kansas to work in one of Wu’s massage parlors.
Sentencing is set for Nov. 16. Wu could face up to 10 years in federal prison.
- Soccer legend Diego Maradona dies at 60
- Meghan Markle reveals she had miscarriage in the summer
- Alabama coach Nick Saban tests positive for COVID ahead of Iron Bowl, has mild symptoms
- KC Mayor Lucas to propose relief for service industry, small businesses amid pandemic
- Newsfeed Now: Thanksgiving Travel; A Christmas Story comes to Oklahoma