PLATTE CITY, Mo. — Two Platte County deputies were shot at from a passing vehicle while conducting a traffic stop on southbound I-29 near Waukomis Drive, the sheriff’s office said.
The deputies and the individual in the stopper vehicle were not injured in the incident.
Detectives are reviewing footage from around the time of the shooting. Deputies said their were several vehicles in the area at the time of the shooting and it is unclear which one the shots came from.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Platte County Sheriff’s Office at 816-858-3521 or the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-TIPS.
- President Biden signs executive order, with bipartisan support, to bolster US supply chains
- Bishop Miege basketball’s Payton Verhulst named to 2021 McDonald’s All-American team
- More COVID contact tracers expected to be hired despite little data to show it’s still working
- New momentum building for Walt Disney museum project in Kansas City
- KC will ‘explore’ opening drag strip, burnout park to curb illegal street racing, mayor says