KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Police have identified a teenager that was shot and killed on Saturday, Sept. 26.
Police were called to the 4400 block of Adams Street at 5:57 p.m. on a report of shots fired. According to the initial report, the shooting happened outside the residence.
When officers arrived, they found a male victim with life-threatening injuries.
That victim was later identified as Luis Velasquez-Chavez, 15, of Kansas City, Kan.
Velasquez-Chavez was transported to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead shortly after.
No suspect has been arrested, and police have not released any suspect information.
Police are asking anyone with information to call the Tips Hotline at 816-474-TIPS.
This is just the most recent incident in several recent teenage shootings. On Aug. 25, two teens were found shot in the Armourdale neighborhood, one of whom died. Earlier in August, a 16-year-old was fatally shot after a two teens were allegedly playing with a gun in a basement.
- The stakes could not be any bigger this weekend at Texas Motor Speedway for the NASCAR Cup Series drivers
- Joe’s Weather World: I have concern for a significant snow in the region (SAT-10/24)
- First snow chance coming to KC
- FOX4/Hy-Vee Game Night: High school football highlights, scores from October 23
- Fourth-grader forced to walk to school every day to get Wi-Fi so he doesn’t miss class