KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Police have identified a teenager that was shot and killed on Saturday, Sept. 26.
Police were called to the 4400 block of Adams Street at 5:57 p.m. on a report of shots fired. According to the initial report, the shooting happened outside the residence.
When officers arrived, they found a male victim with life-threatening injuries.
That victim was later identified as Luis Velasquez-Chavez, 15, of Kansas City, Kan.
Velasquez-Chavez was transported to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead shortly after.
No suspect has been arrested, and police have not released any suspect information.
Police are asking anyone with information to call the Tips Hotline at 816-474-TIPS.
This is just the most recent incident in several recent teenage shootings. On Aug. 25, two teens were found shot in the Armourdale neighborhood, one of whom died. Earlier in August, a 16-year-old was fatally shot after a two teens were allegedly playing with a gun in a basement.
- Kraft rolls out pink mac and cheese just in time for Valentine’s Day
- Newsfeed Now: Pres. Biden orders 200M more COVID-19 vaccines, GoPro lost at bottom of ocean returned 6 years later
- New River Market apartment building planned for 4th and Broadway
- Kansas City metro still growing despite pandemic, analysis shows
- Rep. Davids named Vice Chair of Transportation and Infrastructure committee