KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City Police are investigating a homicide Thursday night after a man was found shot and killed.
Police responded to a shooting just before 8 p.m. at an apartment complex on E. 42nd Street, just east of Pittman Road.
Witnesses told officers they heard gunshots and then saw a man running from a back parking lot into the apartment building. They said that the man appeared to have been shot.
Officers found the victim suffering from gunshot wounds on the ground in one of the apartment building’s hallways. He was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not been released.
No suspect information has been released, and police remain on scene investigating what led to the incident.
Anyone with information is asked to call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-8477.
This is Kansas City’s 150th homicide of the year.
- Two UMKC professors fly above the metro, urging residents to vote with their flight path
- How Missouri Amendment 3 could change the lawmaker representing you
- Overland Park man going to school in California says he never received requested mail-in ballot
- Rockhurst High ends football season after learning of positive COVID-19 test in program
- Local activists disrupt KC police commissioners meeting, calling for chief to resign