KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City Police are investigating a homicide Thursday night after a man was found shot and killed.
Police responded to a shooting just before 8 p.m. at an apartment complex on E. 42nd Street, just east of Pittman Road.
Witnesses told officers they heard gunshots and then saw a man running from a back parking lot into the apartment building. They said that the man appeared to have been shot.
Officers found the victim suffering from gunshot wounds on the ground in one of the apartment building’s hallways. He was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not been released.
No suspect information has been released, and police remain on scene investigating what led to the incident.
Anyone with information is asked to call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-8477.
This is Kansas City’s 150th homicide of the year.
- First Vera Bradley outlet in Kansas City area coming to Legends
- FOX4 Forecast: Finally the sun returns
- Silver Alert issued for Independence woman diagnosed with dementia
- Governors meet with President Biden on new COVID-19 vaccination strategies as pace stalls
- Mission launches housing assistance program for those affected by COVID-19