KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City Police are investigating a homicide Thursday night after a man was found shot and killed.
Police responded to a shooting just before 8 p.m. at an apartment complex on E. 42nd Street, just east of Pittman Road.
Witnesses told officers they heard gunshots and then saw a man running from a back parking lot into the apartment building. They said that the man appeared to have been shot.
Officers found the victim suffering from gunshot wounds on the ground in one of the apartment building’s hallways. He was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not been released.
No suspect information has been released, and police remain on scene investigating what led to the incident.
Anyone with information is asked to call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-8477.
This is Kansas City’s 150th homicide of the year.
- Senate Dems reach deal on unemployment aid in COVID-19 relief bill, ending all-day standstill
- KU football coach Les Miles placed on administrative leave amid misconduct allegations at LSU
- Asteroid the size of 3 football fields to pass by Earth on Friday night
- With temperatures up, COVID cases down, First Friday businesses happy to see more customers
- Royals officially sign Jarrod Dyson to one-year deal, bringing World Series champ back to KC