KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Kansas City, Kansas Police are investigating a homicide Tuesday in the city’s Argentine neighborhood.
Police said the call came out just before 11:30 a.m. near S. 24th Street and Silver Court, just south of Metropolitan Avenue.
A man was found dead following a shooting inside an apartment.
The victim has been identified as 43-year-old Lolester Mitchell.
This marks the 40th homicide of the year in KCK, compared to 38 in all of 2019.
No arrests or suspect information have been released at this time. Police are continuing to investigate on what lead to the killing.
FOX4 will continue to keep you updated as new details become available.
Anyone with information is asked to call the TIPS Hotline at 816-474-8477.
- CDC: More contagious COVID-19 strain could lead to spike in U.S. cases by March
- How Betty White is celebrating her 99th birthday Sunday
- Chocolate recalled after plastic found in products
- 3 things Donald Trump may do after leaving office Wednesday
- Chiefs injury report: Clyde Edwards-Helaire out for playoff game against Browns