LENEXA, Kan. — Police have closed off several residential streets along a significant road as they search for someone they say shot at them early this morning.
The incident happened at in the 8900 block of Haskins Street. Police said they found a suspect standing outside of a stolen car at about 1:50 a.m. When they approached, the suspect ran away and shot at the pursuing officers.
Now, the police presence stretches along Pflumm Road is closed from 87th Street to Santa Fe Trail Drive, with cruisers stationed at every side road. The search area is so vast that additional officers have been called in from Shawnee, Prairie Village and the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office.
Police are looking for a man on foot. They ask anyone who lives in the area to stay inside and call 911 if you see anything suspicious.
On Facebook, police said the suspect is a Black male standing about 5-feet 10-inches tall with a stocky build and shoulder-length hair. He was last seen wearing black pants and a black sweatshirt.
FOX4 has a crew at the scene. This story will be updated as we find out more.
- Joe’s Weather World: I have concern for a significant snow in the region (SAT-10/24)
- First snow chance coming to KC
- FOX4/Hy-Vee Game Night: High school football highlights, scores from October 23
- Fourth-grader forced to walk to school every day to get Wi-Fi so he doesn’t miss class
- Jackson County begins allowing quarantined COVID-19 patients to vote Saturday