GRANDVIEW, Mo. — Police have rescued a woman from a home in Grandview where officers have been involved in a standoff for hours Monday.
Tactical teams then entered the home in search of a male suspect who they believe kidnapped the woman. The man was taken into custody, and the standoff was called off.
Officers responded to a home near East 136th Street and Cypress Avenue around 9 a.m. Monday. The caller said someone had been assaulted and taken by a man with a gun.
Police set up a perimeter around the neighborhood, blocking off at least three streets. SWAT teams and hostage negotiators were seen at the scene. Families living closest to the residence were evacuated.
Police have not released any further information about the incident.
- JoCo making big changes to keep elderly warm while waiting for COVID-19 vaccine
- Bernie Sanders’ mittens, memes help raise $1.8 million for charity
- Background check failure led to Kansas patient’s rape
- Shrimp spiedini with amogio sauce recipe
- Former Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback to focus on racial reconciliation