KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Royals have canceled their annual FanFest nearly four months in advance as the coronavirus pandemic continues, according to a statement from the baseball club.
FanFest 2021, presented by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City, was scheduled for Jan. 29-30 at the Kansas City Convention Center.
“The Club determined that staging an in-person Royals FanFest the way the fans have enjoyed over the years would not be possible this coming January,” according to the statement.
In the same release, the Royals announced FanFest 2022 will be held Jan. 28-29 at the same location. Schedules and more details will be released at a later date.
- Parkville Mayor Nan Johnston arrested for drunk driving, sheriff’s office says
- Police identify 15-year-old victim shot and killed outside KCK residence
- How to watch the first presidential debate
- Newsfeed Now: California wildfires; South Park visits Denver
- Love coffee? Here are the best U.S. cities for coffee drinkers