Schools on the northern side of the Greater Kansas City Area are once again closing their doors after a swath of snow plowed through the area.
The east side of Jackson County is also getting snowed on as the system moves on through Blue Springs through Odessa and other eastern towns. It’s a fairly light snow, but residents east should expect some precipitation this morning.
Here’s the list of schools closing, starting late or dismissing early:
- Cameron R-1: Closed
- Carrollton R-7: Closed
- Chillicothe R-2: Closed
- Concordia USD #333 KS: Closed
- Cowgill R-6 MO: Closed
- Excelsior Springs District #40: Closed
- Hamilton R-2 MO: Closed
- Hardin-Central School District: Closed
- King City R1 MO: Starts 2 Hours Late
- Maryville R-2: Closed
- New York R-4: Closed
- Norborne R-8 Schools: Closed
- North Daviess R3: Closed
- North Harrison R-111 Eagleville MO: Closed
- North Platte R-1 School District MO: Closed
- Osborn R-0 MO: Closed
- Pleasant View R-6 Trenton MO: Closed
- Polo R-7 MO: Closed
- Ridgeway R-5 MO: Closed
- St. Gregory School: Closed
- Stanberry R-2 MO: Closed
- Tina Avalon R-II School District: Closed
- Trenton R-9 MO: Closed
- Tri County Schools Jamesport: Closed
- West Platte R-2 Schools MO: Closed
- Winston R-6 School District MO: Closed
Non-school closings and cancellations:
- Nodaway County Senior Center: Canceled
- Platte Senior Services, Inc.: Closed
Roads are wet for much of the metro this morning. With temperatures are falling into the 20s, this will create slick spots on roads this morning. Watch out for those elevated and untreated surfaces.
Then, another round of snow is expected tonight into Wednesday, expected to affect more of the metro. The system moves in from the southwest mid- to late-evening and fully engulfs Kansas City by midnight.
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Weather Advisory to the west of the metro, where snow fall may be greater.