DOUGLAS COUNTY, Mo. — Douglas County Sheriff Chris Degase says human remains found last weekend in a rural area belonged to a missing man from 2015.
The Associated Press reports they are the remains of Brandon Wood, who went missing from Mountain Grove in September 2015. Wood was 23 at the time he disappeared.
The skeletal remains were found in Douglas County in an area that had been previously searched. Sheriff Degase says recent home construction turned up new evidence.
The remains were identified through dental records. The Douglas County Sheriff’s Office said it has identified three people of interest in Wood’s death, but so far, no arrests have been made, The AP reports.
Degase will hold a press conference Thursday at 1 p.m. to discuss the remains.
- Convenience store chain Sheetz under fire for controversial ‘smile policy’
- Oldest llama celebrates birthday in New Mexico
- Lawrence chase leads to rollover crash, stolen truck suspect arrested
- Coast Guard looking for man who fell off 70-foot cliff
- Former Blackhawk Bobby ‘The Golden Jet’ Hull dies at 84