MAUREPAS, La. — Now this is a unique fishing story if there ever was one.
So what would you do if while chatting with your neighbors on the dock, a snake with a catfish in its mouth showed up right next to you?
That is what happened to Verna Turner on a Sunday at The Settlement of Bayou Pierre.
The snake made its way onto their dock after swimming in the Diversion Canal in Maurepas.
From there, the catfish escapes and lives to swim another day.
It does not end there, Turner says the snake was extremely tired afterwards and it just laid sleeping on the dock.
- Colorado Springs police ID victims; investigators say suspect shot 6 after not being invited to party
- Local groups urging Congress to approve bill giving all kids free school meals permanently
- U.S. job openings soar to highest level on record
- Teenage boy charged with murdering 13-year-old girl, accused of snapping disturbing selfie after her death
- Watch the thin crescent moon pass these three planets this week