MAUREPAS, La. — Now this is a unique fishing story if there ever was one.
So what would you do if while chatting with your neighbors on the dock, a snake with a catfish in its mouth showed up right next to you?
That is what happened to Verna Turner on a Sunday at The Settlement of Bayou Pierre.
The snake made its way onto their dock after swimming in the Diversion Canal in Maurepas.
From there, the catfish escapes and lives to swim another day.
It does not end there, Turner says the snake was extremely tired afterwards and it just laid sleeping on the dock.
- Big Game Bound Week 12: Lions’ Thanksgiving tradition & best NFL rivalries
- Soccer legend Diego Maradona dies at 60
- Meghan Markle reveals she had miscarriage in the summer
- Alabama coach Nick Saban tests positive for COVID ahead of Iron Bowl, has mild symptoms
- KC Mayor Lucas to propose relief for service industry, small businesses amid pandemic