Surveillance Video Shows Woman Shot in Head by Ex-Boyfriend

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Data pix.

GRAIN VALLEY, Mo. -- Authorities have released surveillance video from last week's domestic violence-related shooting at a Grain Valley business.

Security cameras from OOIDA Headquarters show 33-year old Amie Wieland walking to her car after work at around 5:40pm on Tuesday November 20th.  As she approaches she sees her ex-boyfriend 36-year old Alan Lovelace sitting in her mini-van.

Wieland would later tell detectives that Lovelace told her "he wanted to take their daughter."

At that moment Wieland turns around and heads back to her workplace.  The video shows Lovelace run up behind Wieland and shoot her once in the head at point blank range. Amazingly, Wieland survived the shooting and later that night told police, "she heard a boom and her body went still."

Investigators say Lovelace took off in Wieland's mini-van.  They later tracked his cell phone usage to San Diego, California where Lovelace shot himself after a police chase.

Wieland's family had told police Lovelace had been stalking her for a year and a half and showed them a text sent to Amie stating "watch your back...lock your windows and doors."

Police reports reveal that In the nine years the family had known Lovelace they had never seen, "Alan where he was not drunk or intoxicated." Detectives learned Lovelace had been fired from his job at a local packaging company just a week before the shooting.

In addition, Grain Valley Police say Lovelace had recently lost custody of his oldest son to another ex-girlfriend and had been ordered to start paying child support to Amie Wieland for the couple's daughter.

Police reports also suggest that Amy Wieland tried to get a restraining order against Alan Lovelace but couldn't because he had gone to court first and obtained one against her.

The mother of 3 remains in stable but critical condition at a metro hospital with a gunshot wound to the head. Wieland's family has set up an on-line trust fund to help with her medical expenses. Click here for more information.



More News