This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

KANSAS CITY, Kan. — A suspected serial killer is now charged with two murders at a Kansas City, Kansas, apartment complex.

The Wyandotte County District Attorney charged Perez Reed, 25, with two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Damon Irvin and Rau’daja Fairrow.

Court documents show investigators believe Reed killed Washington on Oct. 28 or 29, and Fairrow on Oct. 29. Investigators found their bodies at Wyandotte Towers in Kansas City, Kansas last month.

Reed is also charged with the murders of four other people in the St. Louis area.

FBI agents arrested Reed in Independence, Missouri, and is in federal custody.

Irvin’s brother Dalano Hill said they laid Irvin to rest last week.

“The only thing I could say when I seen his casket was it’s real,” Hill said, “and that was my mind understanding that my brother is, well, the flesh of my brother is gone.”

He hopes Reed being charged is one step closer to justice.

“I want him to be able to sit in the cell and think about what he’s done to all of these people and pray that he gets his life right with Christ before he, you know, gone,” Hills said.

Investigators said Reed traveled from St. Louis to Kansas City on Amtrak, according to court documents. He arrived at Union Station on Oct. 28. Less than two hours after Reed arrived in Kansas City, investigators said surveillance video from Wyandotte Towers shows Reed walking into an apartment with Irvin.

The affidavit said surveillance video shows Reed eventually leaving Irvin’s apartment, but Irvin is not seen again. Kansas City, Kansas, officers found Irvin’s body inside the apartment on Nov. 1. He had been shot to death.

The next day, KCK police found Fairrow’s body inside her apartment at Wyandotte Towers. She had also been shot and killed.

When detectives contacted security guards at Wyandotte Towers about Fairrow, they were able to show she entered the building with a man who showed a Missouri driver’s license that identified him as Perez Reed, court records show.

Investigators subpoenaed Reed’s cell phone records. The records show that Reed and Fairrow contacted each other approximately 652 times between Oct. 5 and Oct. 29. The records also showed that Reed stopped calling Fairrow’s phone after Oct. 29.

Investigators determined that Reed bought an Amtrak ticket from Kansas City to return to St. Louis on Nov. 5. Agents watched as Reed boarded the train. Instead of riding all the way to St. Louis, court documents show that agents watched as Reed exited the train in Independence. They say Reed then boarded a bus. Agents moved in and arrested him.

Court documents show officials found a .40-caliber handgun in Reed’s possession when he was arrested, and it matched shell casings located at the crime scenes in question.