Mobile Ala. (WKRG) — A utility worker heading home after helping to restore power on the Gulf Coast was killed Wednesday in a crash in Mississippi.
The crash happened on Highway 45 in Macon, MS. The utility worker was driving in a convoy of power trucks when he struck an 18-wheeler, according to Assistant Police Chief Douglas Triplett.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun confirms to WKRG News 5 the man killed has been identified as 37-year-old, Darrell Holt, from Excelsior Springs, Missouri. WKRG has learned he worked for R&M Pole Line Construction.
Holt’s family has started a fund to raise money for his funeral. If you would like to donate, click here.
- The stakes could not be any bigger this weekend at Texas Motor Speedway for the NASCAR Cup Series drivers
- Joe’s Weather World: I have concern for a significant snow in the region (SAT-10/24)
- First snow chance coming to KC
- FOX4/Hy-Vee Game Night: High school football highlights, scores from October 23
- Fourth-grader forced to walk to school every day to get Wi-Fi so he doesn’t miss class