KANSAS CITY, Kan. — A suspect is on the run after pointing a gun at a victim over the Chiefs’ loss against the Raiders on Sunday, October 12, according to a tweet from Kansas City, Kansas police.
Officers responded to the 300 block of S. Mill Street on a disturbance call at 5 p.m., about an hour and a half after the football game ended.
When police arrived, a victim and witnesses told responding officers that a known person, upset over the result of the NFL game, pointed a gun at the victim. A physical fight followed as one of the witnesses tried to disarm the suspect. The suspect then ran away.
Police “recovered the gun on the scene and notified detectives,” according to the KCKPD tweet.
- FOX4 Forecast: Very nice holiday
- ‘We haven’t seen any stop to it’: Deadly crashes, fueled by speed and alcohol, rise in KC area amid pandemic
- With long waitlist, pandemic puts strain on homelessness services in KC’s suburbs
- As Saint Luke’s raises minimum wage to $15, more groups push to make it the norm
- Shopping guide: Kansas City-area small businesses to support during the holiday season