KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Have you cast your All-Star vote?
All-Star voting is officially underway, and Kansas City Royals fans who want to see their players in the game should plan to vote the maximum 35 times!
If you’ve never voted before, here’s what to expect:
- You pick one player in each category. As a subtle suggestion, you may want to pick:
- Eric Hosmer in the 1st base category
- Omar Infante in the 2nd base category
- Alcides Escobar in the shortstop category
- Mike Moustakas in the 3rd base category
- Salvador Perez in the catcher category
- Kendrys Morales in the designated hitter category
- Lorenzo Cain, Alex Gordon and Alex Rios in the outfielder category.
- To vote on MLB.com, your email address must be valid.
- You may vote 35 times between 4/29/15 and 7/2/15.
- Fans may also receive the ballot by texting VOTE or VOTA to 89269 (USA) or 101010 (Canada). Message & Data Rates May Apply. Up to 5 Messages.
Nominees for the MLB All-Star Game Ballot were selected at the beginning of the season by each MLB team. Once voting has ended, the American League and National League All-Star teams will be unveiled.
Then, we wait for the game, which will be shown on FOX on Tuesday, July 14. The game will be hosted by the Cincinnati Reds and played at Great American Ball Park. Ned Yost is the American League All Star manager, while Bruce Bochy of the San Francisco Giants will manage the National League during the game.
Remember the fun when Kansas City hosted the All-Star Game of 2012? Click here for a photo gallery of pictures for some favorite moments!
After the game, MLB.com asks fans to submit their choice for the Ted Williams Most Valuable Player Award.