This story has been updated with the victim’s identification and suspected nature of her death.
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — A woman was found dead yesterday, October 28, and police are investigating the incident as a crime, according to a statement from the Kansas City, Kansas Police Department.
Officers responded shortly after 8:30 p.m. to the 1700 block of Short Avenue, a residential block just off of N. 18th Street, on a shooting call.
When they arrived, they found a woman inside the residence. She was already dead.
She has been identified as 39-year-old Rajeeni Bennett.
Police investigated the case with their Criminal Investigations Division. However, the death was ruled an accident by police.
KCKPD asks anyone with information on this shooting to call the TIPS Hotline at (816) 474-TIPS(8477).
- Watch the thin crescent moon pass these three planets this week
- First Vera Bradley outlet in Kansas City area coming to Legends
- FOX4 Forecast: Finally the sun returns
- Silver Alert issued for Independence woman diagnosed with dementia
- Governors meet with President Biden on new COVID-19 vaccination strategies as pace stalls