This story has been updated with the victim’s identification and suspected nature of her death.
KANSAS CITY, Kan. — A woman was found dead yesterday, October 28, and police are investigating the incident as a crime, according to a statement from the Kansas City, Kansas Police Department.
Officers responded shortly after 8:30 p.m. to the 1700 block of Short Avenue, a residential block just off of N. 18th Street, on a shooting call.
When they arrived, they found a woman inside the residence. She was already dead.
She has been identified as 39-year-old Rajeeni Bennett.
Police investigated the case with their Criminal Investigations Division. However, the death was ruled an accident by police.
KCKPD asks anyone with information on this shooting to call the TIPS Hotline at (816) 474-TIPS(8477).
- ‘We haven’t seen any stop to it’: Deadly crashes, fueled by speed and alcohol, rise in KC area amid pandemic
- With long waitlist, pandemic puts strain on homelessness services in KC’s suburbs
- As Saint Luke’s raises minimum wage to $15, more groups push to make it the norm
- Shopping guide: Kansas City-area small businesses to support during the holiday season
- A winter hike can be an artful activity as you take time to identify different tree species