KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Juicy chicken. Rich sauce. Happy and full tummies.
Culinarian Lauren Lane is back on FOX4 with another great recipe. She said she got the idea for 20-minute meals during the pandemic, when people wanted easy cooking recipes.
“Make this easy creamy lemon chicken tonight! It’s a delicious and comforting chicken dinner that everyone will love,” Lane wrote. “The pan-seared chicken is tender, and the creamy lemon sauce is rich and tangy. Delicious! I also give you lots of add-in options as well.”
- 1 -1 .5 lb thin-sliced chicken breasts or two large boneless skinless chicken breasts *
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lemon, zested (and a squeeze of lemon juice to finish dish)
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan-Reggiano cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley (optional)
- Pinch crushed red pepper (optional)
- Serving ideas: over pasta, mashed potatoes, or rice or simply with thick crusty bread if desired.
- If using large chicken breasts, slice chicken breast horizontally to create two thin steaks (so you end up with four thin steaks in total).
- Sprinkle each side generously with salt and pepper, then dredge with flour, shaking off excess.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for about 2-3 minutes on each side until golden and crispy, then remove onto a plate.
- For the sauce, add a bit more butter if the pan looks dry. Add the garlic and cook for just under a minute.
- Add heavy cream, lemon zest, and parmesan cheese; stir to combine. Return chicken to the pan and simmer 3-4 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Taste and adjust salt & pepper if needed.
- Garnish with a squeeze of lemon and sprinkle with parsley if using.
- Serve with crusty bread, or over pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes.
Chicken: Use thin-cut breasts or 2 large breasts split in half, or 4 small breasts around each and pound to about 1/2″ even thickness. This will ensure the chicken cooks evenly and quickly
- Mushrooms: Cook up 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms before you add the asparagus to the pan.
- 1 lb asparagus stalks trimmed and cut into 1-2 inch pieces Saute before you add the garlic
- Shallots: Add 1/4 cup minced shallots (add with the garlic)
- Olives: Add 1/3 cup sliced kalamata olives. Add with cream.
- 1 can drained artichokes Add when you return the chicken to the sauce. Add with cream.
- Pine Nuts: Add 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts on top right before serving.
Sign up to receive a weekly email from FOX4 with the recipes we featured on our FOX4 newscasts.
Click here to add your name to the list.