Total Cost: $6.71 recipe / $1.68 serving
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 12 mins
Total Time: 17 mins
Servings: 1.5 cups each
• 1 Tbsp chili powder ($0.30)
• 1 tsp smoked paprika ($0.10)
• 1 tsp cumin ($0.10)
• 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional) ($0.02)
• 1/2 tsp dried oregano ($0.03)
• 1/2 tsp salt ($0.01)
• 1/4 tsp freshly cracked pepper ($0.02)
• 1 Tbsp cooking oil ($0.08)
• 1 lb. ground turkey ($3.99)
• 1 yellow onion ($0.32)
• 1 10oz. can diced tomatoes with green chiles ($0.45)
• 1 15oz. can black beans ($0.48)
• 1 cup frozen corn ($0.35)
• 1/2 bunch green onions ($0.45)
1. Combine the spices for the homemade taco seasoning, then set the seasoning aside.
2. Add the cooking oil and ground turkey to a large skillet. Begin to cook the turkey over medium heat, breaking it up into pieces as it cooks.
3. While the turkey is cooking, dice the onion. Add the onion to the skillet with the turkey and continue to stir and cook until the onions are soft. Add the prepared taco seasoning, then continue to stir and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
4. Drain the black beans then add them to the skillet with the diced tomatoes (with juices) and frozen corn (no need to thaw). Stir the ingredients in the skillet to combine, then heat through over medium.
5. While the mixture is heating, slice the green onions. Stir the green onions into the skillet just before serving.
You can use store bought taco seasoning if you do not have a well stocked spice cabinet.
Serving: 1.5cups ・ Calories: 426.45kcal ・ Carbohydrates: 34.08g ・ Protein: 26.8g ・ Fat: 21.3g ・ Sodium: 1036.55mg ・ Fiber: 9.7g
Sign up to receive a weekly email from FOX4 with the recipes we featured on our FOX4 newscasts.
Click here to add your name to the list.