KANSAS CITY, Mo. — If you are looking for fall pumpkin-based recipes, we’ve got you covered with these delicious recipes.
For this week’s PRICE CHOPPER recipe, Toni whips up delicious fall recipes including Pumpkin Queso and Pumpkin Energy Bites.
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium broth
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (plain pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (diced)
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained and liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- In a medium pot whisk together broth, pumpkin, flour, spices, and reserved tomato liquid over medium-high heat.
- Bring pot to a boil and stir until thickened.
- Stir in cheese and tomatoes.
- Optional: top with additional fresh tomatoes or chorizo.
Pumpkin Energy Bites
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Roll into one-inch balls.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes until firm and serve, or store in the refrigerator for up to a week.