KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Did you know the second oldest restaurant in Kansas is just 40-minutes west of Kansas City. Marfield's Irish Pub and Grill in Leavenworth, Kan., has a menu full of traditional Irish Food. The restaurant's chef, Dave Spangler, even visited FOX 4 to demonstrate how to make the restaurant's signature dish.
Roulades (German Beef Roll)
Roasted Vegetables (onions, carrots, celery, potatoes)
All- Purpose Flour
Salt and Pepper
- Spread Dijon on the Beef cutlet and wrap it around the pickles.
- Dredge in flour and fry until brown on a grill… Set Aside.
- Roast the cut up vegetables in the oven at 450º F- until nice and tender.
- Transfer roasted veggies to food processor and purée.
- Transfer puree to stock pot add water, beef base and flour to vegetables simmer until thickens.
- Grill the onions on the grill until tender… place onions and gravy over cutlets in a covered pan and bake at 375º for one hour.
- Remove cover bake an additional 20 minutes.
Sign up to receive a weekly email from FOX 4 with the recipes we featured on our FOX 4 newscasts.
Click here to add your name to the list.