This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.
Chicken and White Bean Salad
Serves 4, about 2 cups each
Prep time about 25 minutes
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 ½ cups diced cooked Smart Chicken chicken breasts
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 1 ½ cups diced celery
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil, plus whole basil leaves for garnish
- 1 cup of your favorite vinaigrette dressing to taste (Bolthouse Farms and Kraft with Olive Oil are good choices), divided
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste (optional)
- 2 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- Combine beans, chicken, zucchini, celery, sun-dried tomatoes and cheese in a large bowl until blended.
- Add chopped basil and ¾ cup vinaigrette; toss until combined. Taste and season with salt and/or pepper, if desired.
- Toss the remaining vinaigrette with romaine and spinach in a medium bowl. Serve the salad on the greens; garnish with fresh basil leaves.