Massaged Kale Salad recipe
- 1 large bunch, remove stems and cut into ½” ribbons
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ C olive oil
- 1 garlic scape, finely chopped
- 4 leaves lemon balm, finely chopped
- 1 C snap peas, chopped
- ¼ C raisins or other dried fruit
- 1/4 C toasted sunflower seeds
- 5-10 nasturtium flowers
Put kale into a large bowl, sprinkle with sea salt and lemon juice. Using your hands, massage kale vigorously for 3 to 5 minutes.
Drizzle olive oil over kale and massage for another couple minutes. The salt and lemon juice will “wilt” the greens. Toss in lemon balm, snap peas, raisins and sunflower seeds.
Feel free to experiment with other seasonal vegetables and fruits using the massaged kale as a base!
Garnish with edible flowers. Enjoy!