Ultimate Morning Tailgating Pancake Bar
- 8 cupsall purpose Flour, sifted
- 2 cups whole wheat Flour
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/3 cup baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups all-vegetable Shortening
- Heat griddle to medium heat.
- Pour, flip and serve.
Cereal-Yogurt Breakfast Parfait
- 1 (6-oz.) container Strawberry Mango Yogurt or other favorite flavor
- 2 Strawberries, diced
- ½ Cup Honey Nut Clusters Cereal
Spoon half of the yogurt into 10-oz. clear glass or clear plastic drinking glass. Top with half of the kiwi fruit and half of the cereal. Repeat layers.
- 1 container (59 oz) pineapple-orange juice
- 8 cups apple cider
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 large orange
- 2 cinnamon sticks (2 to 3 inch)
- ½ teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 slice (1 inch) fresh gingerroot, peeled
- 7 whole cardamom
- 2 star anise, if desired
- Small pineapple wedges, if desired
In 3-quart slow cooker, mix pineapple-orange juice, apple cider and honey. Remove outer peel of orange with citrus zester or vegetable peeler. Cut peel into thin 3- to 4-inch-long strips. Add orange peel, cinnamon sticks, cloves, gingerroot, cardamom and star anise to slow cooker.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 hours. Before serving, strain cider to remove whole spices. Serve hot. Garnish with pineapple wedges.
This can be prepared ahead and reheated if desired.
Pigs in a Blanket
- Pancake Batter (recipe above)
- 16-18 fully cooked sausage links
Heat griddle to medium heat. Warm sausage links on griddle. Using Pillsbury Pancake Batter, pour, flip and cook until second side is golden brown. Roll each pancake around a sausage link, secure with toothpick and serve.