KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Keep it simple and healthy with this three-ingredient salad.
Cindy with Intentionally Eat joins FOX4 to whip up this delicious Fire and Ice Salad that Cindy says is the perfect side dish for any summer meal.
- 5 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes and onion, set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, water, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and boil 1 minute.
- Pour fat free salad dressing over the tomatoes and onions. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours (overnight is best).
- Add sliced cucumber and toss to coat. Serve cold.