KANSAS CITY, Mo. — While the Kansas City Chiefs traded away their 2021 first round pick in the NFL Draft, there was still a lot of intrigue around the first 32 selections.
The KC EndZone team of Rob Collins, Harold Kuntz and Robert Rimpson broke down every development Thursday night. Rewatch the whole NFL Draft special in the video player above.
The Chiefs used the first-round selection to bring left tackle Orlando Brown Jr. to Kansas City from Baltimore, as general manager Brett Veach rounded out his offseason makeover of the offensive line.
Brown Jr. joins free agents Joe Thuney, Kyle Long and Austin Blythe as new additions for the 2021 season to help protect Patrick Mahomes and establish the Chiefs rushing attack.
A number of guests joined the EndZone team throughout Thursday night:
- Darren Smith of SportsRadio 810 WHB and ESPN Kansas City
- Kent Swanson of Arrowhead Pride
- Craig Stout of Arrowhead Pride
- BJ Kissel, formerly a Chiefs reporter and currently at Let It Fly Media
- Jordan Foote, a writer for Sports Illustrated’s Arrowhead Report
- Joshua Brisco of SportsRadio 810 WHB
- Cody Tapp of 610 Sports Radio
- Charles Goldman, managing editor of The Chiefs Wire from USA Today
Watch along as we analyze picks from division rivals like the Denver Broncos and the Los Angeles Chargers, along with moves from AFC foes like the Baltimore Ravens and the Buffalo Bills.
The top of the board should see a number of franchises select quarterbacks and offensive weapons.
The Chiefs have the following picks Friday and Saturday, pending any trades:
- Round 2 — Pick 58 (Obtained in trade from Ravens)
- Round 2 — Pick 63
- Round 4 — Pick 144 (Compensatory pick)
- Round 5 — Pick 175
- Round 5 — Pick 181
- Round 6 — Pick 207 (Obtained from Steelers via Dolphins)